Wednesday 16 April 2014

One to Love

The Nola Granny Shawl


I made this shawl a while back but haven't had time to show you until now. I really enjoyed making this and lets face it who wouldn't love making a granny shawl, so easy and cosy to do, no thinking required just let your hands yield the hook while your mind drifts to far off places, warm beaches and sunshine far away from the cold winds and rain of the North East of England ;)


Made totally with stash yarn, I used a strand of double knitting together with a strand of 4 ply in green and Aran weight in navy keeping my fingers crossed that the navy wouldn't run out.... there was just enough!



I found the shawl here and wanted to make it right away, I loved the edging which Pammy Sue used for her shawl but I knew I wouldn't have enough yarn to make it so I used the edging from here ( you can find links to other shawls and poncho's there too.)



The Nola shawl is named thus, because the sound of the name Nola makes you feel warm and cosy and the name actually means fair shoulder, sounds very apt don't you think?  If you think I'm a little crazy (or a lot) that's ok too ;)

This shawl will be joining the gentle ripple and the Luana, eventually to be sent to SIBOL




This shawl used 362 grams of yarn
linking with..




Thank you to those who have joined in the fun and have tried to guess the joining colour of my blanket which is now finished yay!!! I'm just waiting for some good lighting so that I can take some decent photo's.




There is still plenty of time to guess, the last guess to be in by midnight 27th April. 

With lots of love.


17 comments:

  1. I like it Linda - it's very pretty. The navy and aqua colors look nice together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice shawl finish! She's a beaut. I love that pattern. My shawl is still staring at me daring me to finish her. Four more rows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Linda. I love the colors. It's going to nice and warm too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty shawl Linda ... glad the navy didn't run out (did you start to crochet faster to race against running out of yarn?). Have a great Easter! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shawl is lovely Linda, and congratulations on finishing your blanket!!! I look forward to seeing it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very elegant Granny shawl and Nola is such a pretty name for it, well done Linda on your stashbusting with this one, just enough yarn to finish it, lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful shawl Linda, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Do you have a pattern reference? I am looking for a triangle shawl pattern for a local charity that makes shawls for theses families who have lost a new born or have a stillborn birth. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Norma, yes you will find a link to the pattern in the text just below the third picture, I think these shawls would be ideal for your charity because they are quick and easy to make. :)

      Delete
  9. What a pretty shawl, Linda! You did a beautiful job and I love the colors. I agree, Nola is a perfect name. :) ~Hugs, Mary from the Go Crochet Crazy blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing at this week's link party at GoCrochetCrazy.blogspot.com. this is such a beautiful shawl. :) I hope to see you again at this weekend's party!

      Delete
  10. Nola is an excellent name for your wonderful shawl. Thank you for the link :-)
    Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, Linda! Nice color and the border is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this granny shawl in blues, Linda! I love the combination of both shades ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love the colors you used. Congratulations on finishing your never ending blanket!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx