Thursday 14 February 2013

Sea Breeze Sundress

Peaches and cream





Such a pretty little sun dress, I can recommend this pattern the instructions are well written, easy to understand and the dress makes up in no time, I managed to make this in just one evening.  


I made this one in Aran weight yarn and went up a hook size to 5.50 mm to obtain the correct gauge. 
Underarm width 7.5 inches, length 12 inches.


Remember these


Pretty in Purple

This one took a little longer, I used a strand of each of the 4 ply cotton yarn above and a 7 mm hook to make a larger size.  The pattern is very versatile as it's easy to change hook size and yarn to make it the size you want.
















This one measures 9 inches underarm and is 13 inches from top to bottom.

The pattern for this cute little dress is by RAKJ patterns and can be found here here




Weight of yarn used 
Cream dress = 100g
Purple dress = 270g

Just goes to show how heavy cotton yarn is, I haven't even made a dent in the cones above, it does say 4ply on the label but it's a very fine yarn and it will certainly be a challenge to use it all up, it's going back in the box for now. :) 


Back to pale baby shades for next project :)

Happy Valentines Day everyone! I hope you are all spoilt with beautiful flowers and chocolates, because I have no one to spoil me ...sigh :(  I will be spoiling myself even if it's just with a bar of chocolate..well I think I'm worth it haha have a lovely day :)

26 comments:

  1. What a cutie ! Love the purple one, sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the varied colours in the purple dress - the pattern looks realy pretty.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely dress! Such a pretty pattern and a great color. Happy Valentine's day :) Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, Linda - what a gorgeous little dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! They look cute in both colors...Thanks for the tip on the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried your link and it didn't work. Did I do something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no Paula you didn't do anything wrong the link wasn't working thanks for pointing it out, should be ok now :)

      Delete
  7. Oh nice stash-buster. So feminine and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I like the purple one best. Thanks for the link. And Happy Valentine's Day to you too! You are definitely worth a big box of chocolates, not just a bar; I hope you spoiled yourself today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the white one. Any baby girl would look double adorable and cute in that dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These little dresses are gorgeous. Love the purples.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Linda.
    I am in love with that beautiful sundress. I'm a first time Stash-Buster Challenge participant. My sister just announced that they're pregnant soon after I signed up and my project list immediately changed to accommodate the little one. We don't know yet whether it's a boy or a girl, but seeing this pretty purple dress, I'm praying they'll have a girl!!
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. How lovely Sreisaat a little baby to crochet for! What great motivation for you to use up your stash, I'm looking forward to seeing what you make :)

      Delete
  13. Love your dress..i have the pattern i should try it soon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty little dresses. I've never attempted a pattern like that before. Lots of teachers around me are having babies but mostly boys right now. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy, I will be posting about something for a little boy soon.:)

      Delete
  15. How gorgeous Linda!
    I just wish I knew if my neice is having a boy or a girl (in five days approx) I could then get started on some tiny little bits for the baby. I just love newborn baby clothes...they are completed in a jiffy.
    Many thanks for the comments on my latest post......its great learning to sew .......bit fiddly with the bobbin though and having to change the colour.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thats a cute one.. i wish to make one soon.. Visit me when free dearr..

    With Love,
    Pavi

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful little dress pattern. I look forward to the day when my crochet skills are advanced enough to make one like this

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute, I'm currently on a shell kick and love this pattern. Will definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful dresses! You did a great job and I can tell they are very good patterns. Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the little dresses.. ty for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit, I will always answer any questions but due to time constraints I'm not always able to reply to your comments, please keep them coming I read and appreciate each and every one. xx